You guessed it, leftover rice, protein, veggies etc.
- 2-3 tbsp Oil of your choice (Coconut oil, sesame oil, canola oil would be best)
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1 -2 cups Vegetables in your fridge (Make this up with what you have got! Chopped napa cabbage, grated carrot, red pepper)
- ½ pound Shrimp, optional (You could also throw in sausage or ground beef, just keep it to half a pound or so.)
- 3 cups cooked rice, any kind works (Remove from fridge and bring it up to room temperature before you start.)
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Concentrated chicken stock (This really depends on what kind you have, I use a squirt from a bottle of bone broth that I get at my local super market)
- 2 Eggs
- Scallions or Tree Onions (If you don't have tree onions, grow some!)
Saute a drizzle of oil and onion in a wok or large saucepan.
Once the onions become translucent, add the vegetables and cook for a few minutes over high heat, while stirring frequently.
Turn the heat to low then push the wok contents to one side, add some oil and saute your shrimp or other protein. Mix the protein in with the veggies when cooked.
Add rice, soy sauce and chicken stock concentrate to the wok and mix well. Once the rice is warmed up, push it all to one side.
Add a bit of oil in the open space and crack the eggs into the wok. Break up the egg with the spatula and mix in with the rice when finished cooking.
Serve into dishes and top with scallions or tree onions!